"A goal of BLKFRG is to provide help and humanitarian care to the animals of Chicago. A portion of your animal portrait sitting fee will support the immutable voice of organizations saving and rescuing animals"
- Provide compassionate care for any animal in need
- Attempt to find a home for every healthy or rehabilitatable dog and cat that comes to us
- Intervene to prevent cruelty to animals
- Partner with the community to educate on animal issues and inspire compassion and respect
- Provide low or no cost spaying or neutering
- In an open door policy—we will not turn away any animal in need
- There are no time limits placed on any animal in our care
- That no healthy or rehabilitatable pet should be euthanized
- The key to pet overpopulation is sterilization
- That education can prevent cruelty, abuse and neglect and promote responsible pet ownership
- If an animal’s quality of life is severely compromised, euthanasia is the humane alternative
- To build No Kill communities – starting with a No Kill Chicago – that respect and value the life of every cat and dog.
- To end the overpopulation of homeless animals through solutions, practices and education.
- To transform animal welfare by setting higher standards in the way animals are treated and developing a sustainable, solutions-based model.